SQL Power Architect
Data Modeling & Profiling Tool
The SQL Power Architect data modeling tool was created by data warehouse designers and has many unique features geared specifically for the data warehouse architect. It allows users to reverse-engineer existing databases, perform data profiling on source databases, and auto-generate ETL metadata.
- Accesses source databases via JDBC
- Connects to multiple source databases concurrently
- Compares data models & database structures and identifies discrepancies
- Drag-and-drop source tables & columns into the playpen
- Remembers the origin of each column
- Generates source-to-target visual Mapping Reports
- Forward/reverse engineers PostgreSQL, Oracle, MS SQL Server & more
- Saves source data structure snapshots in the project, so you can work remotely
- All project data is stored in an easy-to-parse XML format
- OLAP schema modeling: Cubes, Measures, Dimensions, Hierarchies & Levels
- Visual Mapping Report for data lineage tracking
- Free Download (Open Source, GPL v.3 licensed) (Community Edition)
Data Architects, DBA’s, Analysts and Designers rely on Data Modeling tools to facilitate and simplify their data Modeling efforts, while maximizing the use of their resources. The SQL Power Architect allows these busy highly technical resources to perform this most intricate part of their job in a fraction of the time.
Plus, SQL Power Architect has the ability to take snapshots of database structures, allowing users to design DW data models while working offline.
Whether you are building a Data Warehouse or using data models to communicate business rules, SQL Power Architect will facilitate and automate your data modeling efforts.
“Playpen” Design Workspace
The tree view makes it easy to navigate through the database. Drag schemas or tables into the playpen, then adjust the layout manually or with the Auto-Layout function.
Quick & Easy Data Profiling
The Data Profiling feature is useful for exploring new or unfamiliar databases… you can see information about the size of the data in each column, maximum & minimum values, frequency distribution of values in a column and more.
SQL Power Architect can also open multiple source databases concurrently, even if they are from competing database vendors. Another key feature of the SQL Power Architect that sets it apart from other data modeling tools, is that it remembers the origin of each column and is capable of automatically generating the source-to-target data mappings.
Whether you’re building or maintaining your Data Warehouse data model, SQL Power Architect will provide you a complete view of all required database structures and will expedite every aspect of your data warehouse design.