April 13th, 2009
SQL Power MatchMaker is now the SQL Power DQguru!
The world-famous Open Source Data Cleansing Tool formerly known as the SQL Power MatchMaker is now the SQL Power DQguru Data Cleansing & MDM Tool.
The name change to SQL Power DQguru reflects the natural evolution of this project, as it continues to grow from its origins as a focused de-duping tool into a full-featured Master Data Management Tool.
SQL Power DQguru 0.9.5
The latest release of SQL Power DQguru introduces several new features and enhancements, including a robust Address Validation/Correction interface, a Sort Words transformer, and an improved built-in SQL Query Tool.
Even though the name has changed, all of the SQL Power MatchMaker features are still there, including:
- Highly intuitive and easy to use GUI, featuring a comprehensive match validation screen and an intuitive interface for transformation process development
- Extensive support for transformation and matching functions, including concatenation, metaphone and other phonetic coding, word substitution, and merge rules
- Assistance in building Cross-reference tables to link source system identifiers to target database identifiers
- The ability to set the level of cleansing, from duplicate identification through to full removal of duplicate entries
- Canada Post address verification and address correction options, with USPS address verification forthcoming
SQL Power DQguru gives developers the ability to fully support and automate their MDM functions, while providing end-users with a 360-degree view of their key dimensions (including customers, products, suppliers, business units).
And yes, SQL Power DQguru is still Open Source and free to download!
For a full list of features, and to download SQL Power DQguru, please click here.